Monday, June 7, 2010

Last Blog Update :(


well, its finally over. senior year was a blast. not only in art, but the year in general. art, however was great. one of the highlights from the year was the scholastic art awards. i dont remember which awards i won, but just having my art up in the show was awesome. its very reassuring, and made me want to push myself even more, knowing that other people liked the stuff i made. also, lumberjack day was epic. i finally was inside mrs.mcbrides house. and learned how to throw axes. and hungout with rob, and emma, and cider, and the cat (forgot its name). anyway, that was a great final thing to do for the year. ended everything on a fantastic note. so much fun. definitely do that again. this year i learned alot about myself. i learned how to actually apply myself to making art. the self gratification was that much better after i actually tried. probably my favorite piece i made this year was ameritard. the first piece on my concentration. i went into it with a great idea, let everything go, and just made what i wanted to make. i love the way it carries my eye, and evokes emotion. some advise i would give to future ap students would be to think about what your doing, and do it the best you can. and make it good. other wise, why are you doing it? in ten years, i see myself, as either homeless making art, or with money and making art. basically just making art.



"if a tree falls, and no one is around to hear it, does the eagle still fly north? does the river still point the direction of the rising sun? can you still ride the sound of the wind home?" - Matt Shapiro

No comments: